The Golden Triangle Business Roundtable will promote cost effective construction and maintenance in the Golden Triangle area through the cooperative efforts of owners and contractors for the benefit of its members and the community.
Establish and maintain an ongoing dialog with Owners, Contractors, Labor and training organizations
Collect and distribute data or information on:
- Status of construction activity in the area
- Availability of craft workers in the area via periodic “labor surveys
Encourage and support training of construction workers
Promote training and education to foster construction industry cost effectiveness, such as:
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Workers compensation
- Project management
- Productivity management
- Process Safety Management
- Harassment awareness training
- Crafts persons skills assessments
Encourage crafts persons training via training organizations such as Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) of Southeast Texas.
Encourage executives of construction users to give personal attention to construction effectiveness.
Bring project and construction best practices knowledge to the Golden Triangle area via interface with the international “Construction Industries Institute” (CII), and Construction Users Roundtable (CURT).
Promote contractor safety in the Golden Triangle area via programs such as:
- Annual Contractor Safety Awards program
- Collection and distribution of safety statistics
- Development of uniform safety statistics request form for users, via Pre Qualification Forms
- Encourage specific safety training programs for high-risk activities such as: excavations, scaffolding, ladders, confined space entry, cranes, etc.
Updates on legislative issues and current events; national, state, and local
Environmental awareness and education on issues affecting local industry
Educational Seminars on construction industry best work practices
Homeland Security seminars
Monthly luncheon meetings with speakers on topics of wide-ranging subjects that are significant to the Southeast Texas Industrial and Business communities.